Wednesday, January 8, 2014

♪♫♪~Spotlight : Lyn Croft~♪♫♪



 

 

Lyn Croft is a sci-fi fantasy writer born and raised in sunny Southern California. There, she raises her daughter, works full time, writes novels, and plays video games in her spare time.
Her new book, “Blood & Lilies ~ Bloodlines” is her debut novel, and the first in a series of epic tales for the battle between good and evil.

 

 

Ms. Croft was able to answer some questions and here is what she had to say:

 

 

What are three things about you that might surprise your readers?

      • I love horror, but am afraid of Hannibal Lector.
      • I can live off of Del Taco food.
      • I started off going to school to become a veterinary doctor, then changed to computer programming, and ended up majoring in Multimedia and graphics. And, now… I write books.

 

 What was your favorite scene from the book?

I would say Cara’s dream when she meets Zillah for the first time in the cemetery, and also sees her own tombstone. I love the dark eerie feel that came when writing the scene, and I feel it gives you a good impression of how evil Zillah and the twins are.  

 

 Where did the idea for the storyline come from?

I’ve always been intrigued with Angels and Demons, and how they are placed into each category. I wanted to bring to life the real struggles of battling evil, and how this evil is sometimes used for the greater good. For me, the lines between the two have always been grey, and I wanted to see how far my characters would have to go to cross those lines to protect those they loved. Also, my muse whispered it to me one morning. She gets credit too.

 

 How did you get your start as a writer?

I’ve been writing since I can remember, but it was always poetry and short stories. I’ve always been told by teachers and friends I have a knack for it.  It wasn’t till a few years back when I finished my first novel and sent it off, that I was accepted to a publishing company.  I knew then that this was where I was supposed to be in life - in the world of books. I love the people I get to work with, and having a fan base of readers makes it even more worthwhile.

 

 Tell us about yourself.

I’m from California and a single mom of two girls. I have always enjoyed reading and writing, and have a serious addiction to video games.  I work full time as well, but try to find time in my busy schedule to write novels to satisfy the characters running around my head.

 

 What scene did you have the most fun writing? Why?

That would be the scene from when the twins, Celeste & Estelle, torture Cara at the end. They torment her a few times, but the last is my favourite.  The scene really plays on how evil the two vampyres are and how hopeless and weak even the hero can be at times. I also enjoyed the fact that the hero you believed would save the day isn’t always who you’d expect. It was one of the most vivid scenes that played in my head, and I found myself smiling as I put it on paper. Yes… I am a little on the evil side.

 

 Please tell us about your characters.

Cara is the main character. She is a college student that finds out she is the key to the realms of Heaven and Hell, and that her blood is needed to wage war upon God.  We also have the Halflings – Half human/half Nephilim beings, who spend their lives protecting the innocent in hopes of gaining salvation back into heaven, though their bloodline is damned. There are a few villains as well. The twin vampryes – Celeste and Estelle raise hell, and Zillah, the queen vamprye… You will love to hate her.

 

 What are the 5 best things about being a writer?

      • I get to create worlds and characters, and share it with the world.
      • Hearing from fans about how much they love my work is always a bonus.
      • Seeing a book that I wrote in print is a huge accomplishment, and it makes me feel like I’m contributing to the world.
      • The writing community is a wonderful group of people. They are talented, professional, and sweet. The motivation author’s give each other to produce more work is priceless.
      • Writing!

 

 What romance book character do you identify with most and why?

I would probably be the gal in distress, that’s been jaded too many times, and doesn’t believe in true love any more. I’m not a big romance person to begin with, so I wouldn’t be able to give a specific character. But I think the majority of the female protagonists in books fall under this personality.

 

What are you currently working on?

I am currently finishing up book two for Blood and Lilies and hoping to have it to the publisher by the end of the month. There are a few more books in line as well. So keep your eyes out. More Sci-fi, Paranormal, and even some slasher /comedic horror coming your way.

 

 What other releases do you have planned for 2014?

Book two of Blood & Lilies – Blood & Kindred - will be out in early 2014. I also have a sci-fi fantasy novel I’m hoping to have completed by mid-2014 as well. I have a few more in the works, and will be working diligently to get these out by the end of the year.

 

 

Lyn Croft’s debut novel, Blood & Lilies, is currently available on Amazon and is the first in her ‘Bloodlines’ series. 

 

 Publication Date: November 27, 2013

 

Once cast from Heaven, Zillah has vowed to destroy God and overtake his kingdom. But a key is needed to open the gates between the two realms.
The Key to the gate walks the earth in the form of a woman...young, innocent and completely unaware of her importance in the battle between good and evil. Once her blood is shed, Zillah can open the portal to release her father...Lucifer himself.
Cara, a college sophomore, is quickly thrown into the world of the supernatural, as well as learning of her true ancestry. Vampires, werewolves and the Nephilim are now a part of her reality. As the beings struggle to protect her, she fights to keep her sanity as her mortal realm is crushed.
Secrets are revealed that could shatter Cara’s new found love, as well as lead to her ultimate death. A family is torn apart as the battle to save the key leads them down a road of betrayal and heartache. Loved ones are lost, lines are crossed, and nothing is as it seems. Lies and truths twist and turn, leaving us with only one question…
Could you sacrifice the one you love to save the world?

 



 

Connect with Lyn Croft at:

 


 


 

    Twitter:   @LynCroft27

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥 NEW RELEASE + GIVEAWAY 🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥

  Entangled Rivals by Author Tonya Clark   Now available on all platforms where books are sold! ☆ UNIVERSAL LINK ☆ h...