Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Available for pre-order: "Formerly Me" by Gladys Quintal



Available for pre-order now, at the sale price of ‪#‎99cents‬
Formerly Me by Gladys Quintal

GooglePlay:  http://bit.ly/1cvDIkj

Synopsis:

I thought Hunter and I would be together forever, that nothing could ever come between us. I was wrong. Death has a way of breaking even the strongest of bonds, and we were about to learn that lesson first-hand.

Excerpt:

“I am going to miss you, you know.”

I nodded. I did know, I was going to miss him too.

“I’ve gotten used to having you around, it is going to be weird without you here.” He reached over and took my hand in his and I felt a shiver run up my spine.

“I’ve gotten used to your company too, Hunter. This isn’t goodbye. It won’t be forever. Who knows, you will probably meet someone else and forget me pretty quickly.” I cringed inside at the thought.

He stopped dead. “Is that what you think? Out of sight, out of mind? I will never forget you, you mean a lot to me.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it. I guess I am not as strong about this as I thought I was.” I was starting to wish I wasn’t going away.
He squeezed my hand. “If anyone is going to be forgotten, it will most likely be me. Once you get to the big city and meet all those smart, sophisticated men, you will wonder what you ever saw in a country bumpkin like me.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to choke back tears. I shook my head but couldn’t utter a word; the words just wouldn’t come out. How could I tell him how I felt? How could say that I loved him and didn’t want to leave anymore? It wouldn’t be fair and I would sound like a pathetic little schoolgirl.

We arrived at the theatre. Hunter paid for the tickets and ice creams, and we walked in silently to find our seats. I realized that he always paid, he always suggested activities and he always came to me. Just how much did I depend on him? Maybe it was a good thing that I was leaving; get some distance between us and teach me how to look after myself and stand on my own two feet for once, and make my own decisions.

If it was a good thing, then why did I feel so miserable?



No comments:

Post a Comment

🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥 NEW RELEASE + GIVEAWAY 🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥

  Entangled Rivals by Author Tonya Clark   Now available on all platforms where books are sold! ☆ UNIVERSAL LINK ☆ h...