Thursday, August 7, 2014

✰✰Author Spotlight: MJ Nightingale✰✰

Spotlight MJ Nightingale
MJ Nightingale has been a teacher for twenty-two years. She graduated from University in Canada with a Bachelors of Arts degree majoring in English, and honoring in American History. She went on to get her Bachelors of Education Degree in Secondary Education.

Reading has been a part of her life since she was a child. She has been an avid lover of classical English and American literature, but romance has always held a special place in her heart. She devours romance novels all summer long, and any type of fiction; thrillers, crime, suspense, and drama. She has published poetry, lyrics for song scores and short stories under a different name.

She has taught Creative Writing to high school students for over fifteen years, several who have gone on to publish works of their own.

She currently lives in Florida, where she continues to teach, with her wonderful husband of eight years, and her twin sons. She plans on pursuing her writing career full time very soon.

Her series, Secrets & Seduction,are wonderfully sensual and sexy books!
Secrets & Seduction Collage
Book One
Fire In His Eyes Cover & Teaser Collage
a7c9f-synopsisgold
At thirty years old Monica is about to discover real passion for the first time in her life. A chance encounter in a Tampa bar brings Victor into her life. Sexy as hell, secretive, and incredible in bed, Monica is overwhelmed in every way by this ex-military man who introduces her to all kinds of new and exciting experiences. Monica is a school teacher who longs to experience the joy and thrill of passion. She has battled a past filled with trauma, and depression. Finally free of her fears and guilt, she begins to explore. That is when she meets Victor, a man who has his own demons to battle and secrets to keep. When he meets innocent Monica, he wants to experience all he can with her. She is innocent, yet willing; barely touched, but incredibly passionate. Victor's past has scarred him, and despite his feelings he keeps Monica at a distance. Why? Because he fears those secrets will destroy them. But, Monica and Victor are soul mates. They have the same hot passions. Will they find their happiness with each other? You must read to find that out. But, they most assuredly do find pleasure.

Gold Excerpt Blog Tag
 “Hello, gorgeous!” Blue eyes said and inched closer to me.

“Hi,” I replied nervously taking another sip of my drink, not realizing I had finished it.

He turned and called to the bartender, “Another one, please,” he indicated to the bartender that the drink was for me, and the bartender nodded.

Blue eyes, then turned to me and smiled. His teeth were perfect. “My name is Victor Ciccone. And you have to be the most beautiful girl I have seen in long time.”

“Thank-you,” I said shyly.

“You’re welcome!” He laughed. “You didn’t seem this shy on the dance floor. You can move! I was imagining you moving like that under me in my bed.”

“Y-you did?” God, that was a stupid thing to say. I wasn’t used to this flirting business. I had no experience. I wasn’t Ana.

“Yes, I did. And, it was good. I pleased you very much.” He gazed down the length of my body and that look was a caress. I could see from his face he liked what he saw. It was a compliment without words. I was surprised I wasn’t more nervous, but Ana was right there watching us. He was incredibly attractive. Oh my, if my heart beat any faster I was afraid it was going to burst right out of my chest. “So, what is your name? I want to know what to moan in my sleep when I dream about you tonight.” Was this for real? Did guys really talk like that to pick up a girl? I didn’t know. But, it was definitely working on me. This guy was turning me on, and he hadn’t even touched me. Yet!

“My name is Monica Michaud,” I said as I reached out my hand to shake his. It was like electricity. A shock went through my entire body. I felt warm all over, and I knew it wasn’t from the drink. I only had one. The guy was pure animal magnetism, pure sex appeal.

He did not let go of my hand, or break eye contact. He held it and used his thumb to caress the top of my hand. He pulled me closer, and we were mere inches apart. He tilted his head to the side and put his face into my hair behind my ear, and inhaled. “You smell delicious. I bet you taste good, too,” he whispered in my ear. He softly kissed my cheek and trailed light feathery kisses from my temple to my lips. I gasped at the sensations he evoked in me. “Dance with me?” he asked and began to draw me out of my chair.

Wordlessly, I followed him. It wasn’t a fast song, but it wasn’t a slow song either. He drew me into his arms and we swayed rhythmically in time to the music. His body and mine melded together on the dance floor. The electricity between us sizzled. After one song ended and another began his hands began to roam across my back, my sides, and I just held on enjoying the feelings he evoked in me, He turned me slightly and our eyes met, and, that is when his lips claimed mine. They were soft and cool, probably from the beer. His tongue darted out, and slid along my lips and I opened for him wanting more. My nipples hardened at the sensations he was creating. This man knew what he was doing and I wanted more. He explored my mouth with his, he tasted of lemon and beer, and I tentatively began to respond. He moaned my name into my mouth. The hand that caressed my back now slid along my arm then grasped my face, and his other hand, the one that had been stroking me along the side along my ribcage did the same. I was lost in the pleasure, completely oblivious to my sister sitting not eight feet away. The kiss went on and on. He slowly began to ease back, and end the kiss. “You do,” he said and sighed sadly.

“I do what?” I asked, a little shaken by, what seemed to me, the abrupt end of the kiss.

“Taste great,” he answered and then laughed, his blue eyes glittering. “But that is not the only part of you I want to taste.”

I stared at him shocked. My eyes widened into saucers at his suggestion, but yet, I yearned for whatever this man was willing to offer.

“You have beautiful eyes. Lonely, big and brown eyes. I want to see them full of passion for me. But another time. Let me bring you back to your friend.”

He began to lead me back to my sister, and I muttered just that. “She is my sister.”

He turned to look at me, surprised. “You look so different. Both of you are beautiful, though in your own way.”

I couldn’t help but smile at his sincere compliment. We didn’t look much alike. Once back at the bar, he helped me back onto my stool, and again sat beside me, his smile dazzling.

I was speechless and terrified and excited at the same time. Nervous, too. But, a part of me knew that this man would be worth it. Instinctively, I also felt he wouldn’t hurt me physically, and although his words were evocative, I saw glimpses of tenderness, and restraint in him. He was as sexy as hell, and when he smiled his crooked smile he had a dimple. Whatever inhibitions I still had, I knew he would break those down, he would teach me and please me to no end. This man was wild and dangerous, untamed. But I saw kindness there, too.

He broke the silence first. “I want to see you again.”

“I would like that,” I said immediately and licked my lips not realizing I had done it. I don’t know where those confident words came from, but I was glad they came. He nodded his approval, and then sadly shook his head and I felt a sudden sense of loss. He could see it in my eyes.

“Don’t worry, Mi Cara, I am not done with you yet, just for tonight, though. I have to work early tomorrow, and I do not want to rush what I wish to do to you. Give me your phone number,” he demanded as he slid his phone towards me.

With shaking hands I picked up his cell phone and typed in my phone number, and then handed it back to him. “Just one second, Monica,” he stated as he scrutinized his phone and hit a few buttons. At that moment, my phone began to ring; I looked at my clutch and began to retrieve it automatically, when his hand stilled mine. “No, don’t worry, Monica. That was me calling. I wanted to be sure you had given me the right phone number and not a phony one. I can’t let you get away, now that I’ve found you. And, now you have my phone number, as well.”
Gold Review
This is a fabulous fast paced novel about love, rising above fears and insecurities, and accepting your loved ones – warts and all. I enjoyed this book. The main character, Monica, is a rape survivor who has put her life together. Monica is an avid runner and teacher who has broken up with her one and only boyfriend (who really was more a friend with benefits than anything else). Her sister insists she get ‘back on the horse’ and get out of her self-imposed, celibate, rut. While out at a local club she meets a man who gets her motor running. Victor is retired military, sexy as hell, and emotionally unavailable.
"So, what is your name? I want to know what to moan in my sleep when I dream about you tonight."

“I want to be honest with you, baby. I like you a lot and we could have a lot of fun together, but, Monica don’t fall in love with me. I am not in a good place in my life. I’ve got money issues, and I’m starting over. I don’t want to lead you on. You’re the first girl in six months I have wanted to fuck more than once, but don’t set your cap for me. It’s not going to happen.”
As their relationship develops, Victor warns Monica:
"My life is complicated. I have a lot going on with switching careers, seeing what direction my life is going to take. I am still in the reserves, so one weekend a month it is all about that. Two weekends a month I have family obligations, and it’s all about them. I don’t have time for a full time relationship. There are things going on that I don’t want to talk about with you. I am busy right now with trying to start up this new business. I can tell already, you are a good girl, who deserves someone who will put you first, but I just can’t do that right now, if ever. I can give you one weekend a month maybe, and one or two nights a week”
Um, all my spidey senses went haywire (can anyone else spot a married man?), and I wanted to warn Miss Monica to stay away from her hot man! But, alas, that is impossible. Monica falls head over heels with Victor, but knows that her man is very complicated and secretive.

Will Monica be able to handle all of the baggage that Victor is carrying? Can she really love him-warts and all? Will Victor be able to trust in Monica’s love, be able to get his life in a direction that is emotionally healthy? Will the fire in Victor’s eyes and passion they share burn away the obstacles or doom their relationship? Find out for yourself and read "Fire In His Eyes"!

2e413-addtogoodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20367937-fire-in-his-eyes
Amazon:  Fire In His Eyes
Book Two
Afraid To Love Cover & Teaser Collage
a7c9f-synopsisgold
Learning to trust again is the hardest thing to do.

Ana Perrot is crazy. Crazy about sex, and pleasing her lovers. She is passionate and as fiery as her red hair. She eats men like air. She is also willing to submit to any man anywhere. But outside of the bedroom, Ana is an independent woman who lives her own life by her own rules. And, her biggest rule . . . she won’t do long term relationships. She refuses to fall in love . . . again.

Teddy O’Rourke is an easy going, laid back Tampa bartender at one of the most popular clubs in town. All about family and enjoying life including all the women that throw themselves at his feet, he has no problems finding willing partners. His football player body, his personality, his warm hazel eyes all ooze sex appeal. He is the perfect package in every way for a woman like Ana, well for any woman really. An ex-cop, his instincts tell him Ana is one hell of a woman, but she is wounded and scarred by the past. What are her secrets? What will make her trust him? Why is she so afraid to love?

A one night stand, that is full of surprises for Teddy, opens his eyes to new possibilities. A single man enjoying his freedom meets his match in the bedroom, and elsewhere. He sees a future with Ana, a counselor for troubled youth. But could she be persuaded to fall . . . and to trust again? You’ll have to read to find out more!
Gold Excerpt Blog Tag

“My name is Ana,” she said coolly as she leaned in and nodded in answer to his question, batting her eyelashes just a tad. He smiled. Teeth white, and straight.

He knew her sudden bashfulness was a ploy. He knew the game. “What will it be, Ana?” He said her name slowly, drawing out each sound, each letter.

“Let me have Sex on the Beach,” she answered. Then looking him straight in the eye. “I like sex on the beach,” she added.

He smiled at her again, and without looking at the ingredients began to make her drink. “Too sandy,” he chuckled, and then turned to go get the remaining ingredients to fill her order.

She watched his behind as he worked facing the wall of liquor behind him, and heat pooled in her loins. This man was truly a fine specimen. Thirty, she thought. And that was okay with her. She was thirty-four, so the age difference wasn’t too bad. She liked them a little younger anyway. They were easier to control and more readily agreed to her conditions, her rules.

Before she was prepared for it, he turned back towards her, and the sight of him almost took her breath away. He gave her one of his dazzling smiles, revealing dimples in his cheek, and a slight cleft in his chin. Bar towel in one hand, he wiped the counter in front of her again. Next, he placed a napkin down in front of her, and placed her drink on it. Her mouth had suddenly gone dry. She leaned in to take a sip of the refreshing cocktail, not picking up the glass, but leaning low to give him a better view of her cleavage. She wanted to turn the tables back to her side again, regain control. She was glad she had worn this dress; it was red. The green amulet swinging enticingly between her breasts was small enough to not distract from the view she was offering. She felt his eyes on her like lasers.

“Delicious,” she purred licking her lips then straightened up suddenly. She caught him ogling her breasts like a school boy, and he blushed. Gotcha, she thought as she watched his Adam’s apple bob while he swallowed, hard.

“So the beach is too sandy for you. How about a big bed?” she asked innocently, but then leaned in again to take another sip. She kept her head tilted to the side not breaking eye contact. There was definite electricity.
Gold Review
This is the companion book to Fire In His Eyes. Ana was emotionally and physically scarred by her former husband. He not only cheated, but gave her HPV, which left her barren. As a result, Ana is in a 'hit it and quit it' mode. She uses sex for sex - no emotional attachment. And on the same night that her sister meets the oh so sexy but emotionally unavailable Vincent (Fire In His Eyes), Ana meets Teddy. A former NYPD policeman, Teddy has been tending bar since his breakdown following 9/11. He is immediately smitten by the lovely Ana. What follows is some of the most sexy, heart wrenching, and heartwarming moments I've read in a while.

Teddy knows that something is holding Ana apart from a relationship, but doesn't know how to help the sexual dyanamo explore her feelings and open up. Ana knows that Teddy comes from a huge family and wants one of his own. Will Ana remain Afraid To Love , or will Teddy break down her emotional fortress and teach her how fulfilling a committed relationship can be.

Four and a half stars for MJ Nightingale's Afraid To Love. It is not necessary to have read Fire In His Eyes to understand this book. However, I recommend you not miss out on the entire experience!
2e413-addtogoodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20759043-afraid-to-love
Book Three
Afraid To Hope Cover & Teaser Collage
a7c9f-synopsisgold
Louisa Sears is ready to start over. Escaping her small town where prejudice, long memories, and old fashioned values haunt her, Louisa embarks on her dream of finding love, and a man who can warm up her bed at night. Pregnant at sixteen, divorced from an abusive husband at twenty, and raising a daughter alone, Louisa is now ready to live. She wants what every woman wants. A rock hard man, who knows how to love. Will Florida be the place where her dreams come true?

Jay Russell is battle scarred. A past filled with horrors from childhood, the war in Iraq, and the most devastating event of his life that occurred when he returned home, he is definitely not looking for love. When he first meets Louisa Sears, the bombshell with the fantastic body, he wants one thing, and one thing only, her body underneath him. The hot little ticket that walks by his t-shirt shop, meets all his requirements for a night of passion.

The scars in them run deep though, and they both have secrets. Can two people so deeply wounded by the past learn to trust each other enough to share those secrets? And if they do, will they be able to get past them and learn to hope again?
Gold Excerpt Blog Tag
She turned back to watch Jay as he made quick work of prepping the patties, and then opened a quick salad from a kit he had in the fridge, putting all the ingredients in a bowl. When he approached she let him pass, and followed him outside onto the deck.
          He placed the patties and salad on the picnic table, and passed back inside. He was gone briefly, and she took another sip of her beer, enjoying the night sounds of the crickets, and cicadas that made a racket close to the water. Even though it was just seven, it was nearly full dark now. The light from the back of the cabin showed they were on a canal and the slow moving water gleamed in the beam of light cast by the moon.

Jay returned carrying plates, condiments, rolls and dressing for the salad. "Set up the table for me will you, while I get the grill working." He gave her a smile as he set the ingredients down on the picnic table.

"Sure, no problem," she stated and got to work on his request while he continued on to the grill. "It's nice here. It has to be great having this privacy, and also being on the water and having this great deck."

"Yeah, I love the peace and quiet," he agreed, his back turned from her working the grill, igniting it and cleaning it.

When he was done with the grill and shut the lid to let the racks heat up, he turned to her, and seeing her sitting on his deck, at his table, looking so at ease, gave his heart a bit of a jolt. She was gorgeous, he had to admit. Not the exotic type of gorgeous, or made up gorgeous, but a classic beauty. She wore very little make-up, and he found that refreshing. She was different than the girls he usually slept with. They were usually biker girls, and bar flies he picked up when he hung out with the friends he had made in Florida. He knew she was a bit older than him, and he knew she probably thought he was older than his twenty-nine years. He had a lot of premature gray, and his sun weathered face had aged him these past two years. He hoped the age difference didn't bother her. He wanted to get that out of the way, didn't want it to be a barrier.

"Lou, how old are you?" he asked as he sat down at the table across from her.

"Thirty-five, thirty-six in April. You?" she asked unfazed and unashamed of his question.

"Twenty-nine." Her eyes widened a bit and he smiled in response. "I'll be thirty soon." She played wit her beer bottle nervously. "It's just a number," he added.

"That's okay," she lied. He could see it bothered her when she didn't meet his gaze.

"It's okay," he stated, getting up, coming to stand in front of her. Age didn't matter, and it was only five, six years. The chemistry between them couldn't be denied. She looked up then, and he saw the insecurity in her eyes. "You're stunning, Lo." He held out his hand and she took a hold of it, and she stood as he tugged on it. He pulled her into his chest, and the air crackled as their bodies made contact. All the air lou had in her lungs left her body i a whoosh.

His head dipped down, and she closed her eyes just before his lips pressed he's gently. His lips were soft, moist, with just a hint of the beer they had consumed. She felt his tongue slide along her lips and it tingled, and she opened them slightly, and he took the opportunity as an invitation. He so wanted to invade, and plunder her sweet little mouth bt something inside I'm told him that he needed to take it slow with this one. He wasn't a patient man, but he held back, but not before savoring her just a little more. It was a first kiss, one meant to tease, and leave a good impression. He knew he did it well. He'd never had any complaints before.

He knew she was melting, softening. He could probably have her now, he thought, when she began to make those soft little murmurs of pleasure. She had relaxed in his arms and was giving back int he kiss, expounding to him. But he had made that promise, and although his cock was pressed up against her stomach and she was standing on tiptoe to slide her torso across it creating the most delicious friction, he slowly began to withdraw. Not yet, he told himself. Take it slow. You are trying something new with this one, he told himself.

When the kiss ended, Lou was a little disappointed and a bit frustrated. It had been awhile since she had been with a man, and no one had ever kissed her like that. The heat between them, the sensations he had evoked had her nipples hard, and she knew she was wet. She was just about to jump up and wrap her legs around him when she felt his slow withdrawal.

"That was nice, Lou: he murmured resting his chin on the top of her head. He still gel herm, as she caught her breath.

Her answer, was a sigh and soft, "Yes, yes it was."

"Age means nothing, baby, when we have chemistry like this. There will be more of that later, I promise," he stated as he released her, and her arms dropped to her sides. "Let me get the burgers on the grill," he said and took a step back. Louisa swayed slightly and he reached for her arms to steady her. "Yes, definitely," his voice was sultry. " I promise there will be more of that later." He winked lasciviously and turned when she blushed at the intensity in his gaze."

Gold Review
This was a book I could not put down. Ms. Nightingale has crafted a thoughtful and poignant book that deals with the struggles that face many men and women. Her characters could be your neighbors, or your friends and family. It’s one of the things I like best about her books. The people are REAL.

Both Louisa and Jay have deep emotional scars. Louisa is a single mother who got pregnant very young, married the father of her child, and divorced him after he became abusive. Having raised her daughter alone in a judgmental small town in Maine, she seizes the opportunity to seek her own future after her now grown daughter leaves for college. She moves to Florida in hopes that she can start anew and seek an education of her own. She is studying psychology and works NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illnesses).

Jay had a very troubled childhood and suffers from PTSD as a result of his service during the Iraq war. He is tall, gorgeous, tatted, and rides a Harley! He sells novelty t-shirts at a nearby flea market - which is where he first met Louisa. He’s looking for a good time, not a girlfriend - and certainly not a woman with a child.

Neither of them is looking for love, but it finds them anyway. The challenge will be whether Jay is ready to open his heart to mother and daughter, and will Louisa be able to deal with his PTSD. Both are afraid to open their hearts and divulge their secrets.

Will Louisa and Jay find their ‘happily every after’? You’ll have to read for yourself and discover why no one should be “Afraid To Hope”.

2e413-addtogoodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22436820-afraid-to-hope?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥 NEW RELEASE + GIVEAWAY 🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥˚•*˚*•☆•*˚*•˚🔥

  Entangled Rivals by Author Tonya Clark   Now available on all platforms where books are sold! ☆ UNIVERSAL LINK ☆ h...